Hertfordshire County Council elections 2013: Conservatives retain control but suffer losses
- Credit: Archant
THE Conservatives remain the largest party at County Hall despite losing a number of seats, while Labour’s gain has gone into double figures.
The ruling party lost nine seats across Hertfordshire, falling from 55 to 46 seats. And it was Labour who were celebrating, with their three seats rising to 15.
Liberal Democrats lost one seat, falling from 17 to 16, while the Green Party and English Democrats both failed to retain their respective lone seats.
Turnout: 28.9 per cent
You may also want to watch:
Spoiled votes: 913
• Click on the links in the top right hand corned to view full results.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV