Hertfordshire and Central Bedfordshire school closures as teachers strike
- Credit: Archant
Schools closures been announced as teachers strike over pay and pensions tomorrow (Wednesday).
The Nobel School and The Valley School, both in Stevenage, are closed for the day, along with Derwent Lower School in Henlow Camp.
Several schools are partially closed including The Barclay School in Stevenage for Year 8 and 9, Fearnhill School in Letchworth GC for Year 7, 8, 9 and 10, Year 2 of Highbury Infant and Nursery School in Hitchin, Year 7 and 8 of Hitchin Girls’ School and Year 7, 8, 9 and 10 of Knights Templar School in Baldock.
Stevenage schools Ashtree Primary and Nursery School, Letchmore Infants and Martins Wood Primary, as well as Highover JMI and Nursery in Hitchin are partially closed.
The National Union of Teachers (NUT) confirmed that strike action is planned across the country tomorrow over national disputes around pay, pensions and working conditions.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about school closures across Hertfordshire visit www.hertsdirect.org/newsevents/news/18328257/
For information on those affected in Central Bedfordshire visit www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/webApps/SOS/cbc.aspx
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV