Heroin and cocaine drug dealer caught in Stevenage given jail sentence
- Credit: Archant
A man was jailed yesterday after being found guilty of possession with intent to supply heroin and cocaine in Stevenage.
Miles Bridgeman, 23, had been staying in the town in January when he was stopped on Monkswood Way for acting suspiciously.
He was arrested and charged after making off from officers and found to have a small amount of cannabis on him.
Officers also discovered a room key for a Holiday Inn Express in Stevenage town centre and, after searching the room, uncovered wraps of heroin and cocaine.
Bridgeman, whose last known address was in Walthamstow, North East London, was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court to two years and three months in prison as one of the offences will be served concurrently.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Hayden Coggins, who investigated the case, said: “Drugs destroy lives, not only for those who consume them and are addicted to them, but also for the families, friends, and loved ones who are left to pick up the pieces. We are committed to stamping out drug crime in Stevenage, and I hope this sends a clear message to others who think they can come here and deal.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed