Henlow’s golden girls are academy’s aces as their gymnasts show great form!
- Credit: Archant
Six girls from the Henlow Church of England Academy were overjoyed to win their U11s group, with the school also achieving two silver placings and a bronze.
Youngsters from Samuel Whitbread Academy, also trained by Henlow’s head of PE Lisa Carter, also won their round, too.
Lisa said: “Each of the teams performed to the best of their ability and were rewarded for all their hard work and effort in the months leading up to the competition.
“Their dedication and tenacity in learning new balances, practicing their routines and attending coaching sessions is to be greatly admired in children who are so young.”
Henlow’s headteacher Caren Earp added: “There are so few schools who are in a position to offer gymnastics – and we are fortunate to have a former national gymnastics finalist as our head of PE.
You may also want to watch:
“Our pupils thrive under her leadership, as can be seen by these outstanding results.”
All winners go through to national finals in Stoke on Trent in May.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5