Help the homeless at Stevenage store
CUSTOMERS who help support the homeless will see their donations matched by a Stevenage store.
Staff at The Body Shop in the town centre are collecting money for Herts Young Homeless until the end of January, with any donation worth double.
Proceeds will be spent on shower gels, bath lilies, deodorants and moisturisers from the store and given to clients of the charity, which supports young people who have difficulties finding accommodation.
The Letchworth GC branch in Garden Square Shopping Centre is also taking part in the fundraiser for the second year running.
Both stores will also be donating a �15 gift box to the charity to go towards fundraising activities.
You may also want to watch:
Tiffany Vanstone, from The Body Shop in Stevenage, said: “We’ve been collecting pennies, or whatever money people would like to donate in these two stores, and we’ll continue to collect until the end of January.
“The money will go directly to providing Herts Young Homeless with whatever they want from our shelves. Whatever money is raised for these, The Body Shop will double the amount the charity will receive.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction