Help save a life – Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth and Stevenage all to host blood donation sessions
- Credit: Archant
Could you give the gift of blood this Christmas and help save lives?
Staff at NHS Blood and Transplant are urging the public to consider being a blood donor over the festive period, with sessions lined up in Letchworth, Hitchin, Stevenage and Baldock.
“This is the time of year when we need our amazing donors in Hertfordshire more than ever,” said Amanda Eccles, the senior marketing co-ordinator at NHS Blood and Transplant.
“If you can make and keep an appointment this December you will be doing an incredibly important thing – helping us to save and improve lives at a time when patients need every donor.”
You can donate blood at the Icknield Centre in Letchworth on Monday, December 14, or at the Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara in Hitchin on Wednesday, December 23.
The bloodmobile will also be at North Hertfordshire College in Stevenage and at Baldock Community Centre on Sunday, December 29.
For time slots and to make your appointment to donate blood or platelets, call the donor line on 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash