Help for elderly to retain independence at home
A HOUSING association is launching a new free service to help older people retain their independence and stay in their homes for as long as possible. The Home Support Scheme, run by Howard Cottage Housing Association in partnership with Letchworth Cottage
A HOUSING association is launching a new free service to help older people retain their independence and stay in their homes for as long as possible.
The Home Support Scheme, run by Howard Cottage Housing Association in partnership with Letchworth Cottages and Buildings Ltd, offers a range of support to Letchworth GC residents over 60.
Available to people who own or privately rent their property, the scheme can help people who;
* need to gain access to other services
You may also want to watch:
* live in a property which is in poor condition
* are living with bereavement, illness or disability
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
* need benefit advice or have financial problems
* speak another language other than English
* are lacking in confidence or skills to cope alone
* have a lack of numeracy or literacy skills
Debbie Horne, the scheme's home support worker, said: "I am really excited about starting this new role. I am passionate about helping older people in Letchworth to stay in their homes for longer and for them to retain their independence."
If you would like more information about this scheme, call Helen Cairns on: 01462 683307 or visit: www.howard-cottage.co.uk to download a leaflet and referral form.