Help for elderly to retain independence at home
A HOUSING association is launching a new free service to help older people retain their independence and stay in their homes for as long as possible. The Home Support Scheme, run by Howard Cottage Housing Association in partnership with Letchworth Cottage
A HOUSING association is launching a new free service to help older people retain their independence and stay in their homes for as long as possible.
The Home Support Scheme, run by Howard Cottage Housing Association in partnership with Letchworth Cottages and Buildings Ltd, offers a range of support to Letchworth GC residents over 60.
Available to people who own or privately rent their property, the scheme can help people who;
* need to gain access to other services
* live in a property which is in poor condition
* are living with bereavement, illness or disability
- 1 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 2 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 3 Luke Turley: 'I was told to be a hitter not a tripper'
- 4 August 2022 weekend closure planned for A602 near Watton-at-Stone
- 5 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 6 Van 'tactically stopped' on A1(M) after alleged attempted vehicle theft
- 7 Deserved win for Stevenage over Stockport says Steve Evans but it was definitely in doubt
- 8 Music festival Old Town Live set to return with stages in High Street and venues across Stevenage Old Town
- 9 Thameslink suffers 'staff shortage' with weekend disruption planned
- 10 Player ratings: Who stood out as Stevenage beat Stockport County?
* need benefit advice or have financial problems
* speak another language other than English
* are lacking in confidence or skills to cope alone
* have a lack of numeracy or literacy skills
Debbie Horne, the scheme's home support worker, said: "I am really excited about starting this new role. I am passionate about helping older people in Letchworth to stay in their homes for longer and for them to retain their independence."
If you would like more information about this scheme, call Helen Cairns on: 01462 683307 or visit: www.howard-cottage.co.uk to download a leaflet and referral form.