Cameras roll in Stevenage restaurant for feature-length film
- Credit: Archant
Eagle-eyed members of the community may well have noticed a spot of filming at a Stevenage restaurant today.
Voodoo Productions, based in Luton, have been filming feature-length psychological thriller Heckle at Misya in Stevenage High Street.
The film, about a stand-up comedian who gets heckled during a performance and goes mad, stars Hollywood legend Clark Gable’s grandson, also named Clark Gable, Danny Dyer’s daughter – called Dani Dyer – Nicholas Vince of Hellraiser, and singer and actress Toyah Willcox.
There were reports that Jude Law was involved, but producer Jane Ledsom has told the Comet that the person being referred to was most likely their camera man who “looks a bit like him”.
They have been choosing locations in Stevenage – including Stevenage FC’s Shephallbury Sports Academy – Hitchin and Luton, with filming set to be wrapped up on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Jane told the Comet: “We chose to film in Misya because it’s gorgeous – we needed somewhere atmospheric and found this place.
“They kindly closed off a section of the restaurant for us and we had to make it dark as the scene is in the nighttime. We have had two birthday parties in here today so it’s been fun, the staff have been helpful, and waiter Yusufali Ucer even got a part in the film.”
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 3 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 4 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 5 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 6 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 7 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 8 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 10 Stevenage Borough Council: Labour maintains council control, Mayor loses seat and party leader reactions
Jane said they intend to launch the film at Los Angeles’ ScreamFest in October.
For more information search @heckle_movie on Instagram and Twitter.