Cameras roll in Stevenage restaurant for feature-length film
- Credit: Archant
Eagle-eyed members of the community may well have noticed a spot of filming at a Stevenage restaurant today.
Voodoo Productions, based in Luton, have been filming feature-length psychological thriller Heckle at Misya in Stevenage High Street.
The film, about a stand-up comedian who gets heckled during a performance and goes mad, stars Hollywood legend Clark Gable’s grandson, also named Clark Gable, Danny Dyer’s daughter – called Dani Dyer – Nicholas Vince of Hellraiser, and singer and actress Toyah Willcox.
There were reports that Jude Law was involved, but producer Jane Ledsom has told the Comet that the person being referred to was most likely their camera man who “looks a bit like him”.
They have been choosing locations in Stevenage – including Stevenage FC’s Shephallbury Sports Academy – Hitchin and Luton, with filming set to be wrapped up on Sunday.
Jane told the Comet: “We chose to film in Misya because it’s gorgeous – we needed somewhere atmospheric and found this place.
“They kindly closed off a section of the restaurant for us and we had to make it dark as the scene is in the nighttime. We have had two birthday parties in here today so it’s been fun, the staff have been helpful, and waiter Yusufali Ucer even got a part in the film.”
- 1 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 4 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 5 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 6 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
- 7 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 8 'Horrible cramped housing' plans rejected by council
- 9 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 10 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
Jane said they intend to launch the film at Los Angeles’ ScreamFest in October.
For more information search @heckle_movie on Instagram and Twitter.