Cameras roll in Stevenage restaurant for feature-length film
- Credit: Archant
Eagle-eyed members of the community may well have noticed a spot of filming at a Stevenage restaurant today.
Voodoo Productions, based in Luton, have been filming feature-length psychological thriller Heckle at Misya in Stevenage High Street.
The film, about a stand-up comedian who gets heckled during a performance and goes mad, stars Hollywood legend Clark Gable’s grandson, also named Clark Gable, Danny Dyer’s daughter – called Dani Dyer – Nicholas Vince of Hellraiser, and singer and actress Toyah Willcox.
There were reports that Jude Law was involved, but producer Jane Ledsom has told the Comet that the person being referred to was most likely their camera man who “looks a bit like him”.
They have been choosing locations in Stevenage – including Stevenage FC’s Shephallbury Sports Academy – Hitchin and Luton, with filming set to be wrapped up on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Jane told the Comet: “We chose to film in Misya because it’s gorgeous – we needed somewhere atmospheric and found this place.
“They kindly closed off a section of the restaurant for us and we had to make it dark as the scene is in the nighttime. We have had two birthday parties in here today so it’s been fun, the staff have been helpful, and waiter Yusufali Ucer even got a part in the film.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
Jane said they intend to launch the film at Los Angeles’ ScreamFest in October.
For more information search @heckle_movie on Instagram and Twitter.