Heavy traffic on A1 (M) around Stevenage on Friday morning
Heavy traffic is reported on the A1 (M) southbound on Friday morning between junction 8 and 7 at Stevenage. Traffic is also slow between junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel. On the A1 further south on the Barnet By-Pass there is queuing tr
Heavy traffic is reported on the A1 (M) southbound on Friday morning between junction 8 and 7 at Stevenage. Traffic is also slow between junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel.
On the A1 further south on the Barnet By-Pass there is queuing traffic southbound between Stirling Corner and the Watford By-Pass in Borehamwood.
There are the usual problems on the M25 with slow traffic through the road works area between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood where there is a 50mph speed limit. There is also queuing traffic between junction 20 at Kings Langley and junction 18.
Motorists can also expect delays on the M11 both ways between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden because of a contraflow system around the road works area.
You may also want to watch:
On the M1 motorists can expect delays between junction 10 with the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 with Flitwick and one lane is blocked southbound at junction 11 following an accident between a car and a lorry and there is congestion back to the Bedford slip road at junction 13.
On the A6 at Souldrop the road is blocked both ways due to an accident.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed