Heavy tailbacks after horsebox catches alight on A1(M) between Letchworth and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There were heavy tailbacks on the A1(M) last night after a horsebox caught alight.
The fire happened at around 5.40pm on the hard shoulder on the southbound carriageway of the motorway between Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate and Junction 8 for Stevenage.
Police closed one lane of the road while firefighters contained the blaze, which was out by 7pm.
The horsebox was full of hay at the time of the fire but did not have an animal inside.
No one was injured in the incident and the lane was reopened and the vehicle recovered by 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
• Were you driving on the road at the time and saw what happened? If so please give our news desk a call on 01438 866209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week