Heathcote: Students exceed school's expectations
PUPILS A level results at Heathcote School in Stevenage have exceeded teachers expectations. The school has achieved its best overall A level results this year and has surpassed its targets. Headteacher, Edward Gaynor, said: Congratulations to our stud
PUPILS' A level results at Heathcote School in Stevenage have exceeded teachers' expectations.
The school has achieved its best overall A level results this year and has surpassed its targets.
Headteacher, Edward Gaynor, said: "Congratulations to our students. It is very pleasing that our results have improved again this year. As always, this is a credit to the hard work of students and staff.
"We are proud of all our students, who have been successful in a variety of ways."
You may also want to watch:
The school is celebrating some outstanding individual achievements.
Elliott Pugh, who is 18 today (Thursday), secured three As and will be going on to study maths at university.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
Former head girl, Jasmine Savage, achieved an A, a B and a C and is going to study history of art at the University of York. She said: "It is such a relief to have it all over after waiting two-and-a-half months for the results."
Matthew Juliff also achieved an A, a B and a C and is off to study history at the University of Essex.