Heartfelt plea to sign up for jog around historic house
- Credit: Photographs By Sean Dillow
STUNNING views and plenty of mud is the promise from organisers of a cross country jog.
British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) Knebworth Park Jog takes place on Sunday but there’s still time to sign up.
Set in the historic surroundings of Knebworth House, entrants can run, walk or jog their way round either a 5km or 10km multi-terrain route.
Among the runners preparing for the annual event in aid of the BHF are members of the cardiac rehab group at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre.
“Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre has supported the BHF Knebworth Park Jog since it very first began and are very proud to be involved again this year,” said the centre’s health and wellbeing manager Juanita Prescott, who will be organising the warm up on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great goal for the cardiac rehab customers to train for each year and a fantastic way for them to give something back for the help they each receive with their own healthcare.”
Melanie Blackman, event organiser for the BHF, added: “There are just a few days to go before the Knebworth Park Jog and we’d really like to encourage people to get involved. It’s a fantastic cross country event and although we can’t guarantee it won’t rain, there is bound to be plenty of mud. That is all part of the fun.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
Entry for adults is £12 in advance or £20 on the day, with £6 advanced entry for children or £10 on the day.
On-day registration and entertainment starts from 9.30am, prior to a group warm up at 10.45am.
The race itself starts at 11am.
To sign up call 0845 130 8663 or visit www.bhf.org.uk/knebworthparkjog