Heartfelt plea to sign up for jog around historic house
- Credit: Photographs By Sean Dillow
STUNNING views and plenty of mud is the promise from organisers of a cross country jog.
British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) Knebworth Park Jog takes place on Sunday but there’s still time to sign up.
Set in the historic surroundings of Knebworth House, entrants can run, walk or jog their way round either a 5km or 10km multi-terrain route.
Among the runners preparing for the annual event in aid of the BHF are members of the cardiac rehab group at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre.
“Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre has supported the BHF Knebworth Park Jog since it very first began and are very proud to be involved again this year,” said the centre’s health and wellbeing manager Juanita Prescott, who will be organising the warm up on the day.
“It’s a great goal for the cardiac rehab customers to train for each year and a fantastic way for them to give something back for the help they each receive with their own healthcare.”
Melanie Blackman, event organiser for the BHF, added: “There are just a few days to go before the Knebworth Park Jog and we’d really like to encourage people to get involved. It’s a fantastic cross country event and although we can’t guarantee it won’t rain, there is bound to be plenty of mud. That is all part of the fun.”
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 6 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 9 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 10 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
Entry for adults is £12 in advance or £20 on the day, with £6 advanced entry for children or £10 on the day.
On-day registration and entertainment starts from 9.30am, prior to a group warm up at 10.45am.
The race itself starts at 11am.
To sign up call 0845 130 8663 or visit www.bhf.org.uk/knebworthparkjog