Heart and sole
THE FABULOUS Knebworth Park is to be the venue for another fundraising jog for the British Heart Foundation. The Hearts First Jog was held at the park for the first time this year when 400 joggers raised £12,000. Next year s event will take place on Sunda
THE FABULOUS Knebworth Park is to be the venue for another fundraising jog for the British Heart Foundation.
The Hearts First Jog was held at the park for the first time this year when 400 joggers raised £12,000.
Next year's event will take place on Sunday, March 4, and organisers are hoping to attract even more joggers so they can reach £20,000.
Entrants have the option of running, jogging or walking round either a 5km or 10km course in the scenic park.
You may also want to watch:
The event is sponsored by Stevenage Leisure Limited who are entering a staff team on the day and will be offering pre and post event massages.
The company has been running a successful cardiac rehabilitation scheme for 10 years at Fitness @ the Leisure Centre in Stevenage.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
Wellness manager Juanita Duffett said: "Stevenage Leisure Limited is delighted to be the principle sponsors for the British Heart Foundation's Hearts First Knebworth House Jog.
"We have many customers who have been attending for years and have found that through regular exercise they have been able to keep fit and healthy and have avoided a re-occurrence of cardiac problems.
"Having been through and survived a cardiac event our customers are delighted to be able to help raise money for the British Heart Foundation. "As well as our company team we will be entering a team of rehabilitation customers into the 5k walk."
For more information on the Hearts First Jog, ring 0800 389 9750, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bhf.org.uk/knebworthjog