Thank you to our NHS on its 73rd anniversary
- Credit: Courtesy of Katie Withington
Today marks the 73rd anniversary of the NHS - and to mark the occasion, we asked for pictures of your NHS heroes.
Whether they worked on the front line of the coronavirus wards, tended to our emergency dental problems, or have been vaccinating the nation - the NHS have had an unprecedented year.
We at the Comet wanted to thank each and every one of our NHS heroes for their hard work, both throughout the pandemic, and for the last 73 years.
Katie Withington said: "To celebrate the 73rd anniversary of the NHS, I would like to thank all the staff and dentists at Shephall Dental Surgery for their hard work over the past 15 months.(and before).
"They worked throughout the pandemic and although behind the masks always a smile on their faces."
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Hearn wanted to thank Michael, paramedic, and Roni Hearn, emergency medical technicians, while Roni Hearn sang the praises of student paramedic Zoe Parnham.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire