Health walk wants to get working people active in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Walkers from all over Stevenage congregated on Saturday to step out and savour the fresh air and exercise.
The Health Walk is a 90-minute brisk walk aimed at working people who cannot make midweek events.
Organiser Denise Fagen said: “I would like to encourage as many people to reap the benefits.
“Walking improves your health, your happiness and, if you join in on one of my walks, it will give you the chance to explore the outdoors, get to know your local area and meet new people.
“You don’t need any special equipment and best of all it counts towards your recommended amount of physical activity.”
You may also want to watch:
Events organiser Denise lives in Chells Manor and started organising the event after finding a lack of health walks for working people like herself.
“She said: “I intend to get as many people of working age that are not able to get to the mid-week walks – that are mainly for retired people – to join me in a 90 minute brisk walk around the park.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie