Health services over the Christmas break - Chemist opening hours & prescription information
NHS East and North Hertfordshire (the primary care trust) are reminding people to get their repeat prescriptions in well before the Christmas break. Most GP practices and pharmacies will be closed for up to 5 days between Christmas Eve and Tuesday 29th D
NHS East and North Hertfordshire (the primary care trust) are reminding people to get their repeat prescriptions in well before the Christmas break.
Most GP practices and pharmacies will be closed for up to 5 days between Christmas Eve and Tuesday 29th December. We are urging those people who need medication to request repeat prescriptions as early as possible to ensure they don't get stuck without medication over the Christmas period.
Don't forget though that you should only order repeat prescriptions for medicines you need. So check what medicines you still have at home before re-ordering. Medicine wastage is a serious problem for the NHS as many people tend to stockpile medication they don't necessarily need. Once medication has been dispensed it cannot be recycled or re used even if it has never been opened. Wasted medicine means wasted money - around �7 million a year in Hertfordshire alone.
As well as thinking about your prescription medicines, why don't you take the opportunity to buy any over the counter medicines you might need for the usual Christmas suspects of indigestion, headache and any cold or flu treatments.
Be prepared and aware of the health services available in case you need them over Christmas.
- Find out your local GP surgery Christmas hours
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 9 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- Use NHS choices website for a list of all pharmacy opening hours (www.nhs.uk).
- Have the NHS direct number handy should they need to call 0845 4647
- Use Spring House medical centre (01707 294 354) should they need to see a doctor during the Christmas period
- Visit your local Urgent Care Centre (Cheshunt/Hertford) for any minor injuries that don't need emergency treatment (open 8am-8pm).
- And only using the A&E Department for medical emergencies