Health services over the Christmas break - Chemist opening hours & prescription information
NHS East and North Hertfordshire (the primary care trust) are reminding people to get their repeat prescriptions in well before the Christmas break. Most GP practices and pharmacies will be closed for up to 5 days between Christmas Eve and Tuesday 29th D
NHS East and North Hertfordshire (the primary care trust) are reminding people to get their repeat prescriptions in well before the Christmas break.
Most GP practices and pharmacies will be closed for up to 5 days between Christmas Eve and Tuesday 29th December. We are urging those people who need medication to request repeat prescriptions as early as possible to ensure they don't get stuck without medication over the Christmas period.
Don't forget though that you should only order repeat prescriptions for medicines you need. So check what medicines you still have at home before re-ordering. Medicine wastage is a serious problem for the NHS as many people tend to stockpile medication they don't necessarily need. Once medication has been dispensed it cannot be recycled or re used even if it has never been opened. Wasted medicine means wasted money - around �7 million a year in Hertfordshire alone.
As well as thinking about your prescription medicines, why don't you take the opportunity to buy any over the counter medicines you might need for the usual Christmas suspects of indigestion, headache and any cold or flu treatments.
You may also want to watch:
Be prepared and aware of the health services available in case you need them over Christmas.
- Find out your local GP surgery Christmas hours
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- Use NHS choices website for a list of all pharmacy opening hours (www.nhs.uk).
- Have the NHS direct number handy should they need to call 0845 4647
- Use Spring House medical centre (01707 294 354) should they need to see a doctor during the Christmas period
- Visit your local Urgent Care Centre (Cheshunt/Hertford) for any minor injuries that don't need emergency treatment (open 8am-8pm).
- And only using the A&E Department for medical emergencies