Health report prompts Central Bedfordshire Council to focus more on mental health conditions across district
- Credit: Archant
A health report has prompted Central Bedfordshire Council to focus their efforts on providing more support to people with mental health conditions, identifying those with diabetes and high blood pressure and reducing the amount of hospital admissions due to falls.
However the unitary authority has cited increased life expectancy, improved educational achievements at Key Stage 4 and a even decrease in teenage pregnancies across the district are just some of the positive trends to emerge from the unitary authority’s Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
Councillor Maurice Jones, who is responsible for health at the unitary authority and chairman of the Health and Wellbeing Board, said: “While health outcomes in Central Bedfordshire appear better than average, we’re very much aware that health inequalities still exist in our area.
“Our updated JSNA has provided the evidence base for where we must now focus our efforts to support people to live healthier lives.
“This includes working to reduce the number of hospital admissions due to falls, identifying those with undiagnosed high blood pressure and diabetes, and giving those affected by mental health conditions the same priority as physical health.
You may also want to watch:
“Health commissioners will also benefit from the updated intelligence of the JSNA to help them make better informed decisions about local services so that people can get the right care and support at the right time and in a place that’s right for them.”
The insights within the JSNA are used by health commissioners to agree local commissioning priorities. To find out more visit www.jsna.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 9 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'