Health chiefs congratulate North Herts nursing heroes recognised by the Queen in New Year honours
- Credit: Archant
Royal recognition for senior nurses working in North Herts has been welcomed by health chiefs this morning.
Among those honoured in the Queen’s New Year honours list, published today, is East & North Herts NHS Trust deputy director of nursing Liz Lees, who receives an MBE.
And the same award goes to her predecessor Phillipa Davies, who moved on from the Trust – which oversees the Lister Hospital in Stevenage and other services - to a new role in London 18 months ago.
The Trust’s director of nursing Angela Thompson said: “I am very proud that their achievements have led to them being awarded an MBE.
“They are both an inspiration and role models for all our staff, especially our nurses and midwives.
You may also want to watch:
“Between them, Liz and Philippa epitomise the spirit and ethos of nursing.”
Trust chief executive Nick Carver added: “I was delighted to hear that Liz had been awarded an MBE. She has worked with the Trust for a number of years, with a particular interest in end-of-life and bereavement care, and her MBE is well deserved.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 8 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 9 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 10 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
“I was also pleased to learn that Philippa – who left us 18 months ago to become the director of nursing at Whittington Health – also received an MBE for her contribution to nursing for improving patient experience through engagement with the charity Kissing it Better.
“On behalf of all of the Trust’s staff, I would like to congratulate Liz and Philippa on their well-deserved recognition.”