Health chiefs congratulate North Herts nursing heroes recognised by the Queen in New Year honours
- Credit: Archant
Royal recognition for senior nurses working in North Herts has been welcomed by health chiefs this morning.
Among those honoured in the Queen’s New Year honours list, published today, is East & North Herts NHS Trust deputy director of nursing Liz Lees, who receives an MBE.
And the same award goes to her predecessor Phillipa Davies, who moved on from the Trust – which oversees the Lister Hospital in Stevenage and other services - to a new role in London 18 months ago.
The Trust’s director of nursing Angela Thompson said: “I am very proud that their achievements have led to them being awarded an MBE.
“They are both an inspiration and role models for all our staff, especially our nurses and midwives.
“Between them, Liz and Philippa epitomise the spirit and ethos of nursing.”
Trust chief executive Nick Carver added: “I was delighted to hear that Liz had been awarded an MBE. She has worked with the Trust for a number of years, with a particular interest in end-of-life and bereavement care, and her MBE is well deserved.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
“I was also pleased to learn that Philippa – who left us 18 months ago to become the director of nursing at Whittington Health – also received an MBE for her contribution to nursing for improving patient experience through engagement with the charity Kissing it Better.
“On behalf of all of the Trust’s staff, I would like to congratulate Liz and Philippa on their well-deserved recognition.”