Head start for models in Comet country
A MODELLING competition run by the salon hair group in conjunction with The Comet attracted a record number of entries with girls of all ages hoping to make the finals. Twelve entrants out of almost 100 were selected as finalists in the Face of the Salon
A MODELLING competition run by the salon hair group in conjunction with The Comet attracted a record number of entries with girls of all ages hoping to make the finals.
Twelve entrants out of almost 100 were selected as finalists in the Face of the Salon 2010 competition.
The overall winner for the Comet area was Devan Mitchell, a 19-year-old dance student from Stevenage.
Until recently, Devan had no modelling experience, but she bravely put herself in front of the cameras a few weeks ago for members of Stevenage Photographic Club to pose for the Face of the Salon.
You may also want to watch:
Danny Eastwell, owner of the salon group and a competition judge, said: "Devan has a really cool, quirky look which I think will appeal to our clients. She is very versatile and so at ease in front of the camera."
Runner-up in the event was 18-year-old Lauren Kramer, from Hitchin, who is studying beauty therapy at Oaklands College in Welwyn. Lauren did not even know her mum had entered her into the competition, so she was shocked to be named a finalist let alone overall runner-up.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
She said: "I really enjoy modelling so I was happy to take part but, I was very shocked to get so far. I am excited about having my hair looked after regularly in the salon as I have just managed to get it the way I want and really like it at the moment."
Both Devan and Lauren can now look forward to modelling regularly for photoshoots organised by the salon to promote its work.
Part of Devan's prize is 12 months free hairdressing while Lauren will enjoy six months of complimentary hair care.