‘He loved having a dance’ – Memorial party to celebrate the life of Bryce Donovan to be held in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Family and friends of Bryce Donovan, who tragically died in a car accident last week, are celebrating his life with a memorial party in Stevenage.
His friend Connor Skelsey is organising the bash, which he said will be a celebration for people to enjoy.
“Bryce touched so many hearts, and I felt like I had to do it because I see how many lives he touched and wanted to give something back, ” said Connor.
Bryce, 19, died after his black Suzuki Swift hit a road sign on Lytton Way, opposite Stevenage Police Station shortly after midnight on Wednesday, December 14, and sadly died at the scene. His 17-year-old girlfriend Sarah Hester was also in the car and sustained serious injuries to her pelvis.
Connor has had many kind donations from businesses for the event, including £500 from Ocado for food, staff from KC Staffing to collect glasses, use of the function room at Ibis complete with a photobooth and red carpet from Kerry Mitchell, 10 centre pieces from Vixis Flowers, and two live bands.
You may also want to watch:
He would like to say a big thank you everyone who has supported the cause.
“Bryce loved a celebration and and having a dance! We want people who knew him to come along and enjoy themselves.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
The family have asked those who didn’t know him to respect their wishes and not attend.
Bryce’s memorial party will take place on Friday, January 6, from 7pm to 1am at the Ibis Forum and Banquetting Suite in Danestrete. There is no colour theme or dress code.
Go to the Bryce’s Memorial Party Facebook page for more.