Having a high time
THIRTEEN people jumped out of a plane to raise awareness and funds for a school s counselling service. Developing Counselling in Schools is a counselling agency based at Marriotts School in Stevenage. It offers free counselling to students, staff and fami
THIRTEEN people jumped out of a plane to raise awareness and funds for a school's counselling service.
Developing Counselling in Schools is a counselling agency based at Marriotts School in Stevenage. It offers free counselling to students, staff and family members.
Carmen Brown, volunteer counselling co-ordinator, said: "Over the past three years we have expanded considerably, we have 15 volunteer counsellors, some in their final years of training and some qualified, and we have a list of counsellors waiting to join.
"Due to our growth, a fundraising committee was launched called Friends of DCS to raise money to support us in looking after the emotional wellbeing of our young people, not just at Marriotts but within the extended community of schools.
You may also want to watch:
"The sky-jump was an exciting event, organised by Nick Greed, a member of the committee, bringing the community together - albeit at 12,000 feet."
* If you would like to know more about the agency email developingcounselling_ email@example.com
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?