Have your say on traveller sites in Central Bedfordshire
CENTRAL Bedfordshire Council is consulting on new and existing gypsy and traveller sites.
The council is seeking people’s views about what the new Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan for Central Bedfordshire should contain.
The plan will set out how Central Bedfordshire Council will meet the needs of the Gypsy and Traveller community up to 2031.
This will include new policies outlining how planning applications for Gypsy and Traveller pitches will be assessed as well as new sites.
More specific proposals detailing how the council will propose to meet needs will be put to residents in a public consultation on the draft plan in May 2013.
Cllr Nigel Young, executive member for sustainable communities strategic planning said: “We are at an early stage in producing this document and are initially seeking views on the suggested outline content.
“We know that this Plan will be of interest to both the settled and gypsy and traveller communities and are committed to having a full and transparent consultation with everyone concerned and giving people greater input from the outset.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 4 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 5 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 6 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
The proposed structure for the Gypsy and Traveller plan can be viewed and downloaded from the council’s website www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/strategic-planning.
Everyone is invited to comment using the online planning consultation system or by downloading a copy of the form to print.
Paper copies are also available at council offices, customer service centres and libraries.
All comments must be returned to the Council by 5pm on Monday October 29.