Watch out for heavy traffic on the A414, A1(M), M25 and Hatfield roads this weekend
- Credit: Stephen Shepherd for Game Fair -
Roads are expected to be especially busy on Friday, Saturday and Sunday as people arrive for a major Hatfield House event, which is expected to attract 120,000 visitors.
Hatfield House will be hosting The Game Fair from July 28-31, which is organised by National Game Fair Ltd.
Welwyn Hatfield Council is warning motorists of possible delays.
The council states: “The A414, A1(M), M25 and roads around Hatfield House are expected to be busy, particularly on the morning of Friday, July 28.
“Traffic is expected to build early Friday morning and residents are advised to avoid travelling at peak times, and to use public transport wherever possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The council continues: “There is ample free parking within Hatfield House and visitors will be directed by road signs to designated car parks.
“Visitors should follow the signs and not the Sat Nav postcode.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“More entrances and exits have been opened up on the estate to allow traffic to flow as easily as possible into and out of the site.”
The council has also issued a statement with regards to noise.
“Local residents may experience increased noise levels from the shooting range at The Game Fair.
“Noise levels will be largely dependent on weather conditions and every attempt has been made to keep noise to a minimum.
“The shooting range will only be active during the day, but if you do have any concerns you can call our out of hours noise nuisance service.
“If you have any other concerns or queries during the event, please call the Game Fair event office on 01707 830341.”