Hat-trick hero Alex Revell helps Stevenage to Exeter win in last home game of the season
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Stevenage finished their 2017-18 season at the Lamex Stadium with a wonderful 3-1 win over Exeter City – ending the south west club’s automatic promotion hopes.
Boro still have one more game to go, away to Wycombe Wanderers next week, but this result and performance will have left the majority of the 3,399 crowd more than happy.
Alex Revell was the star of the show with a hat-trick, pouncing twice in the first half and once after the break.
His first came on 14 minutes with a cool finish after being set up by strike partner Matty Godden while the second arrived 17 minutes later after he put pressure on Exeter goalkeeper Christy Pym’s clearance, leaving him with a simple tap-in.
And the treble was wrapped up three minutes after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Pierce Sweeney pulled one back from the spot 12 minutes from time and Exeter also hit the bar shortly after but nothing was going to deny Stevenage a deserved three points.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed