Hartley believes the best is yet to come from Boro
- Credit: Archant
BORO defender Peter Hartley is confident that the club is on the cusp of turning performances into points ahead of Saturday’s clash with Tranmere Rovers.
Hartley, along with centre back partner Jon Ashton, was praised by manager Graham Westley following three excellent defensive performances from Boro but says there’s still a lot more to come.
“I don’t even think we’ve touched the surface yet,” Hartley told the club’s official website.
“We look solid as a unit but going forward we’ve not even touched the surface yet, I think as soon as going forward clicks we’ll destroy teams to be honest.”
After signing from Hartlepool at the start of August, the centre back has slipped seamlessly into the Boro backline and settled in well to his new surroundings.
You may also want to watch:
“Yeah there’s a good group of lads here, trainings been going well and we haven’t had bad results really since I’ve come in so yeah I’ve settled in really well.
“The lads have helped of course, they’re a great group of lads, the banter’s great and they’re all about my age as well so I’m really enjoying it,” said the 25 year old.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
Stevenage will make the trip to Tranmere on Saturday with both clubs currently on four points in the Sky Bet League One table, and Hartley feels that three more are there for the taking if the side continue their defensive form.
“It’s a good challenge; obviously we had a solid away game against Notts County so if we can keep another clean sheet we’ll win the game without a doubt.”