Hard-working ‘Superwoman’ Kate is a Hitchin hero both on and off screen
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin actress currently filming a TV programme is excited to have made the shortlist for the Miss Hertfordshire finals – and is looking for your support to help her raise as much money as possible for a children’s charity.
Drama graduate Kate Gee-Finch, from Ninesprings Way, has made the last 30 of the prestigious pageant – with the winner being sent straight to represent our county in the Miss England contest later this year.
Kate, who is taking part in a reconstructive drama-documentary series called ‘Inside’ for Channel 5, was recently crowned Stratford-upon-Avon’s ‘Artist of 2016’ for her critically-acclaimed performance in Dracula.
Kate told the Comet: “For the next 10 weeks I’m looking to raise money for the official Miss England Charity – which has already raised more than £110,000 for Variety, the children’s charity that helps disadvantaged children across the country.”
At drama school in Birmingham, Kate held down three jobs – working in a theatre box office, dressing as a Disney Princess at children’s parties, and being employed as a sales assistant in a designer store.
You may also want to watch:
After obtaining her first-class honours degree, Kate set up her own business supplying entertainers and singers for princess-themed kids’ birthday parties – Forever Fairy Tales, based at The Secret Garden in Hitchin’s Sun Street.
Busy Kate is also a role-play actress in health workshops, helping doctors and students with patient-doctor communication skills at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge – as well as working as a waitress at the Los Reyes tapas bar in Bucklersbury, and as a shop assistant at Vintage Bay homeware in Churchyard.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
She added: “I’ve gathered volunteers from my Forever Fairy Tales’to visit the Lister Hospital children’s ward. Superwoman, Elsa and Belle characters will surprise the children.
“I’m also in training with friends for a Tough Mudder extreme fitness challenge, and I’m a member of Hitchin’s Enterprising Mums networking event, where I hope to gain further support from women in business to raise charity funds.”
For more information about the Miss Hertfordshire finals, which are being held in Stevenage in April, have a look at misshertfordshire.co.uk.