Woman’s handbag stolen while she read newspaper in Stevenage park
- Credit: Archant
A 69-year-old woman had her handbag stolen while she was reading a newspaper on a bench in King George V Playing Fields in Stevenage on Monday.
Shortly after 4pm, a man approached the woman in the Millenium Gardens area of the park before grabbing her handbag and running off.
A passer-by helped the victim by calling police and taking her to the nearby King George Surgery to get her bearings.
The suspect is described as male with a shaved head. He wore dark jeans, leather jacket and black trainers.
Officers are currently investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is being encouraged to call police on 101, quoting crime number 41/59376/19.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus