Half-time report: Coventry City 0 Stevenage 0
- Credit: Archant
Boro have had the better of the chances but it remains goalless at half-time in this League 1 clash
Sky Bet League 1
There were three changes from Saturday’s defeat against MK Dons with goalkeeper Chris Day demoted to the bench where he was joined by Darius Charles, while Dean Parrett is likely to miss the rest of the season through injury.
In their places came Steve Arnold in goal and Jordan Burrow up front, with Michael Doughty slotting into midfield alongside Jimmy Smith.
You may also want to watch:
There was no place in the squad for Tom Flanagan, who has joined on loan until the end of the season from MK Dons, but there was a place on the bench for Conor Henderson, who also signed on Wednesday on loan from Hull City.
Stevenage started brightly and within four minutes they had hit the post when a quick free-kick saw Curtis Obeng cross for Francois Zoko who nodded against the post.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 8 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The striker then floated a shot just wide of the far stick before, at the other end, Callum Wilson saw his shot deflected wide by the imposing figure of Jon Ashton.
It had been a confident start by Stevenage, but as the half went on Coventry began to press and get in tackles. The hosts had their best chance when Wilson dummied a through ball and Nathan Delfuoneso, on loan from Aston Villa, fired goalwards only to see his shot blocked by Ashton.
Zoko then created a wonderful chance for Boro two minutes from the break, but one they could not convert. His ball in from the right took a touch before Burrow forced a save from Joe Murphy from close range and Luke Freeman slipped as he was trying to follow up.
Coventry City: Murphy, Adams, Webster, Fleck, Delfouneso, Moussa, Seaborne, Willis, Wilson, Clarke, Robinson. Subs: Burge, Christie, Thomas, Baker, Eccleston, Marshall, Haynes.
Stevenage: Arnold, Dembele, Ashton, Mousinho, Freeman, Smith, Doughty, Obeng, Zoko, Burrow, Akins. Subs: Day, Wedgbury, Morais, Charles, Reid, Hartley, Henderson.
Ref: T Robinson