Hairdressers hold 15-hour hair cutting marathon for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Two hairdressers are aiming to raise £1,000 for a cancer charity by cutting hair for 15 hours straight tomorrow.
Jennie Andrews and Beth Mayling, who work at Dead Swanky in Letchworth, are undertaking the challenge on Sunday to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
They will be assisted by Linsey Ashley and Annmarie Franklin and start at 8am at the salon on Leys Avenue.
Jennie said: “I wanted to raise money for a charity and when I heard about the great work Macmillian do and how local they are I thought it would be great to raise money for them.
“We decided to use our hair cutting skills to raise the money because we thought it would put our skills to go use and generate a lot of cash.”
You may also want to watch:
The minimum donation is £10 for a haircut and you do not need to book an appointment.
The pair also have a Justgiving page. To donate visit www.justgiving.com/jennieandbeth.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years