Hairdresser fulfils dying friend’s wish
A SALON has raised hundreds of pounds for charity after the sudden death of a friend. Tulio Lanni, from Karen and Tulios hair salon in Hitchin, wanted to give something back to the hospital that helped his friend during his illness. Keith Stoughton from W
A SALON has raised hundreds of pounds for charity after the sudden death of a friend.
Tulio Lanni, from Karen and Tulios hair salon in Hitchin, wanted to give something back to the hospital that helped his friend during his illness.
Keith Stoughton from Whitwell was 52 when he died from a brain tumour just before Christmas.
It was Keith's wish that the hospital should benefit after all the care they had given him and Tulio has helped to carry that wish out.
You may also want to watch:
Tulio said: "We had been friends for years and it was such a shock when he became ill.
"When I was visiting him in hospital he expressed how much he would like to give the ward something in return."
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
With the help of everyone at the salon, Tulio held a charity night for customers and friends and managed to raise over £400.
Tulio said: "It's a fantastic achievement to know Keith's wish will be made true and I'd like to thank everyone who helped us."
The money will go to the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London.