H&M to open in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
HIGH Street fashion chain H&M is coming to Stevenage.
The store is expected to open in spring 2014 at Westgate Shopping Centre in Stevenage with 20,000ft of retail space over two levels.
The announcement has been made by shopping centre owners WD Westgate Partners LLP and Stevenage Borough Council, which oversaw planned changes to the 350 space multi-storey car park behind to allow the development to go ahead.
WD purchased Westgate from Aviva in March 2012 for £8.4m, and has since spent £3.5m on a regeneration project which will see H&M join fellow retailers Miss Selfridge and Bank.
Peter Everest of WD Ltd said: “This is a major part of our regeneration of Westgate and we see this as a major stepping stone towards bringing new fashion and brands to the town. Stevenage has long been a hidden retail location and we plan to bring the town fully to the market’s attention. We hope to continue our co-operation with Stevenage Borough Council to bring forward further developments to enhance the experience of the Stevenage shoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Borough Council leader Sharon Taylor said: “I’m pleased that H&M will be taking up residence in Westgate, this is a great opportunity for Stevenage and the town’s shoppers. The redevelopment within Westgate is an excellent example of how working co-operatively with our partners helps to raise the profile of Stevenage as a shopping destination and attracts new businesses to the area.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings