Guides double their money
GIRL Guides celebrated raising over £700 for a cancer charity by holding a purple party. The 1st Knebworth Guides were given the challenge of taking part in a Do It and Double It scheme. Each Guide was given 50p and challenged to double it as many times a
GIRL Guides celebrated raising over £700 for a cancer charity by holding a purple party.
The 1st Knebworth Guides were given the challenge of taking part in a Do It and Double It scheme.
Each Guide was given 50p and challenged to double it as many times as they could.
Ideas for fundraising included selling toys and cakes, a coffee morning, a sponsored walk and even washing up the tea cups at a Woman's Institute meeting.
You may also want to watch:
Altogether the 26 girls raised £744.09 for the Lavender Trust, which is part of the Breast Cancer Care charity which supports younger women and their families.
Their efforts were rewarded with a party recently with a distinctly purple theme.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Linda Brookes, guide leader, said: "We are amazed by the results and very proud that the girls have risen to the challenge so enthusiastically.
"They came up with some great ideas and worked really hard at planning and organising their activities, often with great support from parents.