Guests celebrate grand re-opening of North Herts Leisure Centre after major revamp
- Credit: Archant
North Herts Leisure Centre in Letchworth has re-opened its doors and kicked things off with a celebratory ceremony last Saturday.
In attendance was Lord-Lieutenant of Hertforshire, Robert Voss along with councillors from North Herts District Council and representatives from Stevenage Leisure Limited, who came together to enjoy the improvements and take a tour of the new centre.
The redevelopment includes a new learner pool, refurbished wet changing areas, a new fitness studio and a modernised café.
The car park has also been extended by 92 spaces.
Councillor Jane Gray, NHDC’s executive member for leisure, said: “We are thrilled to mark the redevelopment of the North Herts Leisure Centre with this official ceremony and we hope users of the centre are as happy with the improved facilities on offer as we are.
You may also want to watch:
“For anyone who hasn’t yet seen the transformation, please drop by and experience the newly refurbished leisure centre and all it has to offer.”
Councillor Jane Gray also made a speech at the opening along with Councillor Alan Millard and SLL managing director, Ian Morton.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Plans for the development were approved back in June 2015 – with construction starting the following year – with the aim of extending the life span of the centre.
Since the completion of the updated facility, staff have been able to increase the amount of swimming and fitness classes per week,
Mr Morton added: “We are delighted to have worked with NHDC on completing this exciting new project which will deliver even better facilities for the local community.”
To find out more about North Herts Leisure Centre see: sll.co.uk/North_Herts/North_Herts