‘Ground control to major Tom’ – Stevenage’s little space boy Thomas to hit the big time on brand new TV talent show
- Credit: Archant
Following the death of rock legend David Bowie last January, little Stevenage singer Thomas Seaton, then five, was captured on video dressed in a space suit, singing every word of the pop star’s classic hit, Space Oddity and doing the moves to boot.
His parents posted the clip called ‘possibly David Bowie’s youngest fan’ online which got almost 4,000 hits on Youtube.
Now the six-year-old Martins Wood School pupil is set to make his television debut on a brand new talent show.
Thomas’s mum Carolina said at the time of the video: “We’re not pushy parents but he’s a bit of a show-off and loves to perform.
“He had sung Space Oddity before, but when he heard the news he got a bit upset and liked the idea of doing the song as a tribute.”
You may also want to watch:
Thomas will feature in the second episode of Little Big Shots, a new itv show hosted by the irrepressible Dawn French.
The show features a huge revolving stage and will invite children aged three to 13 to perform their unique talents.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Thomas who wants to look after birds of prey when he grows up, will take to the massive stage all on his own to do a song.
The episode will be shown at 8pm on ITV.