Griffin's delight at opening his Boro account
CHARLIE Griffin was delighted to open his Boro account in last night s friendly with Chelmsford. The summer acquisition from Salisbury fired home Boro s first goal in the 2-1 win after a smart pass from Andy Drury and the 29-year-old admitted the strike
CHARLIE Griffin was delighted to open his Boro account in last night's friendly with Chelmsford.
The summer acquisition from Salisbury fired home Boro's first goal in the 2-1 win after a smart pass from Andy Drury and the 29-year-old admitted the strike has made him feel more at home in his new surroundings.
"It was nice to play and score," Griffin told The Comet. "It was nice to come in a get a goal straight away, it settles you down but the main thing is getting out there and we won as well so there are positives out there.
"Beardo (Chris Beardsley) came on and scored a really good goal, Lee (Boylan) worked his socks off up front and Yemi (Odubade) worked hard. It was me and Beardo that got the goals tonight but it could be different next week. It's all about getting the momentum going and pushing on."
You may also want to watch:
There were some heavy challenges in the game that upset some Boro players but Griffin says that's part and parcel of pre-season.
"It's the first game so you're going to expect a few challenges going in there now and again. Sometimes it's just pre-season and the boys are getting something out of their system. It's one of those things, you've just got to dust yourselves down and carry on."
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Boro welcome Brighton & Hove Albion to The Lamex Stadium on Saturday and Griffin is looking forward to coming up against the League One side.
"It's always a good test," he added. "Tonight got us going and Saturday should be good, it'll be different from tonight and hopefully we can get in there and get a result.