Griffin on target for Boro
Stevenage’s unbeaten pre-season run continues
Chelmsford City 1 Stevenage 1
A CHARLIE Griffin equaliser nine minutes from time saw Boro keep their unbeaten pre-season run going on Friday.
Starting with six trialists keen to impress, Chelmsford showed a greater alacrity all over the park but despite this eagerness failed to trouble Boro in the first half.
At the other end, Lee Boylan went closest for the visitors when he struck a long range shot over the bar.
Michael Bostwick was his usual strong self in the middle of the pitch but while he bossed and harried his way through the game Stacy Long was unable to get Boro’s creative juices going as he has already this summer.
Chelmsford took the lead shortly after half time when Chris Day was beaten by a low Anthony Cook effort but it was a further 30 minutes before Boro showed any real urgency.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
Chris Dickson, on for Boylan, saw his cut-back cleared and Warren McBean’s effort was blocked by the home side’s ‘keeper.
Griffin, one of seven substitutes brought into the game, had set up McBean’s chance and with nine minutes to go scored himself when he curled a low shot in off the far post.
Stevenage (4-3-3): Day, Henry (Vincenti, 77), Charles (Bridges, 46), Roberts, Laird, Wilson (Murphy, 68), Bostwick, Long (McBean), Winn (Griffin, 46), Sills (Grant, 46), Boylan (Sub: Dickson, 60).