Green cash up for grabs
MONEY is up for grabs to make Stevenage cleaner and greener. This month, Stevenage Community Trust, Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) and the In Bloom Forum, are launching the Green Grant Community Chest. Under this scheme funding will be available to schoo
MONEY is up for grabs to make Stevenage cleaner and greener.
This month, Stevenage Community Trust, Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) and the In Bloom Forum, are launching the Green Grant Community Chest.
Under this scheme funding will be available to schools or community groups who are planning projects that will improve and benefit the Stevenage environment.
The money for the Green Grant Community Chest has come from Stevenage In Bloom fundraising events, including the sale of Stevenage In Bloom calendars and last year's celebrity football match.
The first grants will be given out in early spring, in time for the projects to help entries in this year's Anglia In Bloom and Britain In Bloom competitions.
Richard Henry, executive councillor for environment and e-government, said: "This is your chance to help us make Stevenage a cleaner and greener place to live, work and visit and once again put our town on the Britain In Bloom map."
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 6 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 7 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 8 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
For a grant application form contact Pat Henry on 01438 773368, firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Pat Henry, Stevenage Community Trust, c/o EADS Astrium, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage SG1 2AS.
You can apply online at www.stevenagecommunitytrust.org