Fuming rail commuters call for old timetables to be reinstated
- Credit: Archant
Fed up commuters have called for Govia Thameslink to revert back to its old timetables until problems with the new ones can be ironed out.
Commuters on the Thameslink and Great Northern services have been left furious this morning after yet more rail disruption and confusion over which trains are actually running.
Commuters branded the situation a “shambles” and an “utter farce”.
The rail operator tweeted at about 6.30am: “Short-term timetable amendments mean fewer trains are able to run.
“Trains are running across the network but some services have been subject to alteration/cancellation.”
You may also want to watch:
A second tweet reads: “Apologies.
“We have cancelled the services we know are not able to be run to give our customers a clearer idea of the travel options available today.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
“We have ticket acceptance Southern/Thameslink/DLR and London Underground.”