Grease star launches flagship charity walk
Keeping memories alive is the aim of a charity event launched yesterday with the help of a Grease star.
Datchworth actor and ITV Grease is the Word contestant Bradley Clarkson joined Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland at Fairlands Valley Park on Friday to raise awareness of the Hertfordshire Memory Walk in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society.
The walk around the lakes on September 16 is one of the charity’s flagship events to raise funds to help fight the disease.
Bradley Clarkson whose grandmother was treated at Lister Hospital for the disease said: “The Alzheimer’s Society does so much to support people with dementia and their carers in Hertfordshire. That’s why I’m encouraging residents to sign up and take part in Memory Walk. Everyone is walking with one common goal - fighting dementia.”
Mr McPartland added: “Dementia touches so many of us, it’s important that we do what we can to raise awareness of the condition and join the fight against it.”
You may also want to watch:
Entrants can choose between a 2km and 10km route. To sign up go to www.memorywalk.org.uk
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket