Baldock sports clubs awarded area committee grants
- Credit: Archant
Baldock organisations have been awarded grants from North Herts District Council’s Baldock and district area committee totalling more than £2,700.
Among those awarded grants was the Baldock Crusaders Netball Club, which was given £1,000 to assist with equipment and coaching costs for a new youth team.
Saracens Cricket Club received £800 to help them purchase equipment and training costs for new members.
The council awarded £220 to the Royal British Legion’s Baldock branch to buy a new gazebo and banner, which will be used at events throughout the year.
Baldock Cricket Club received a £750 grant, which will go towards the cost of equipment and professional training costs for its junior cricket team.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock and district area committee chairman Councillor Janine Paterson said: “We are delighted to award these grants to such a wide variety of community groups in the Baldock area.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn