‘Grant is a compliment to Tracks team’
- Credit: Archant
Staff and supporters of a Stevenage-based centre for autistic children will have plenty to cheer at a coffee morning at the weekend after a cash boost awarded to them by the government that gives them more financial security to reach a greater number of families affected by the condition.
Tracks, which supports children on the autistic spectrum in Herts and Beds from its purpose-built hub in Boulton Road, has been awarded a £54,000 share of the government’s £8.8 million Local Sustainability Fund and was one of 134 groups nationwide to receive the funding.
Tracks chairman Mervyn Terrett said: “This grant is a huge compliment to our staff and organisation as an outstanding provider of early years intervention for families who have an autistic child.
“The uniqueness of our services is proven by the distances parents are prepared to travel to bring their children. The grant will enable us to establish a firm foundation for long-term financial and organisational security.”
The coffee morning to raise further funds for the registered charity is taking place at the charity’s Stevenage base on Saturday, the day World Autism Awareness Week is launched.
The fundraiser takes place from 9.30am to 11.30am, with a selection of cakes, hot and cold drinks to purchase, as well as a raffle to enter.
Mascots from family entertainment centre 360 Play, based at Stevenage Leisure Centre, will also be meeting and greeting youngsters who attend.
- 1 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 4 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 5 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 8 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
- 9 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 10 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
For more about Tracks, which provides a calm environment for up to 10 children per session to learn and play safely, visit www.tracks-autism.org.uk.