Granny to skydive for charity
A GRANDMOTHER is launching her campaign to raise �800 for the British Heart Foundation (BHF) this weekend.
Aileen Brighton, 56, of Eldefield, Letchworth GC, will be going into her place of work at Sainsbury’s in Third Avenue in the town on her rest day tomorrow (Saturday), to try and boost her charity cash total by bag packing for customers.
Mrs Brighton, who is an on-line shopper at the store, was inspired to raise money for the BHF after her husband Eddie, 53, a lorry driver, suffered two heart attacks and has now made a full recovery.
And at the end of the month Mrs Brighton will be taking the plunge from 12,000 ft in a tandem skydive to complete her fund-raising mission.
“My husband has had wonderful service from the Foundation so I wanted raise as much money as possible for them to say a big thank you,” said Mr Brighton, who has two children and two grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank God I have a head for heights because I am looking forward to the sky dive which should be a fantastic.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus