Spate of graffiti 'ruining Stevenage'
- Credit: Supplied
A concerned resident has shared their disgust over recent "scrawlings" of graffiti that have been popping up in Stevenage.
Tags 'PAW' and 'S6' have cropped up in and around the Bedwell and Shephall areas, which our reader says is "ruining Stevenage".
The resident, who wishes to remain anonymous, has said that police have been unable to take further action unless the "artist" is caught in the act.
They hope that people living in these areas can keep an eye out, and to report any sightings to the police, as well as logging any new graffiti to Stevenage Borough Council via their online portal.
A spokesperson for SBC said: "We are removing the graffiti as quickly as we can and have advised the resident to liaise with the police on the matter."
A Herts police spokesperson added: "Graffiti and acts of vandalism such as this have a negative effect on the community and costs the tax-payer or the owner of the property to get it cleared.
"We would ask people to be vigilant to this type of crime and reports incidents of damage when they see it occurring, or contact us if they know who may be engaging in this type of activity."
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 3 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 4 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again