‘Good weather, well received, it was fantastic’ – All smiles for Letchworth Morris Men on away day tour including Bressingham Steam and Gardens
- Credit: Archant
It was all smiles for Letchworth Morris Men as they had an away day with family and friends, dancing at each stop on their way.
Last weekend’s excursion into East Anglia first took in the English Whisky Company, near Thetford in Norfolk, which is the first new whisky distillery opened in England for a century.
The Morris men then moved on to Bressingham Steam and Gardens, where they enjoyed the parks, steam locomations and gallopers, and finally the Old Cannon Brewery in Bury St Edmunds.
“The weather was good, we were well received – it was fantastic,” said the group’s squite Steve Westwood.
“The English Whisky Company was interesting – there was sampling at the end, which we all enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
“The highlight of the whole day was getting a free ride on the gallopers at Bressingham – and the dodgems too! They have a great Dad’s Army exhibition there as well.
“Bressingham is a great day out for the family. It really was nice.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Letchworth Morris Men has been going since 1922, and was one of the original side members of the Morris Ring in 1934.
To find out more about them see letchworthmorris.org.uk.