‘Good weather, well received, it was fantastic’ – All smiles for Letchworth Morris Men on away day tour including Bressingham Steam and Gardens
- Credit: Archant
It was all smiles for Letchworth Morris Men as they had an away day with family and friends, dancing at each stop on their way.
Last weekend’s excursion into East Anglia first took in the English Whisky Company, near Thetford in Norfolk, which is the first new whisky distillery opened in England for a century.
The Morris men then moved on to Bressingham Steam and Gardens, where they enjoyed the parks, steam locomations and gallopers, and finally the Old Cannon Brewery in Bury St Edmunds.
“The weather was good, we were well received – it was fantastic,” said the group’s squite Steve Westwood.
“The English Whisky Company was interesting – there was sampling at the end, which we all enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
“The highlight of the whole day was getting a free ride on the gallopers at Bressingham – and the dodgems too! They have a great Dad’s Army exhibition there as well.
“Bressingham is a great day out for the family. It really was nice.”
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 3 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 4 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 5 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 6 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 7 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 8 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 9 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 10 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham
Letchworth Morris Men has been going since 1922, and was one of the original side members of the Morris Ring in 1934.
To find out more about them see letchworthmorris.org.uk.