‘Good weather, well received, it was fantastic’ – All smiles for Letchworth Morris Men on away day tour including Bressingham Steam and Gardens
- Credit: Archant
It was all smiles for Letchworth Morris Men as they had an away day with family and friends, dancing at each stop on their way.
Last weekend’s excursion into East Anglia first took in the English Whisky Company, near Thetford in Norfolk, which is the first new whisky distillery opened in England for a century.
The Morris men then moved on to Bressingham Steam and Gardens, where they enjoyed the parks, steam locomations and gallopers, and finally the Old Cannon Brewery in Bury St Edmunds.
“The weather was good, we were well received – it was fantastic,” said the group’s squite Steve Westwood.
“The English Whisky Company was interesting – there was sampling at the end, which we all enjoyed.
“The highlight of the whole day was getting a free ride on the gallopers at Bressingham – and the dodgems too! They have a great Dad’s Army exhibition there as well.
“Bressingham is a great day out for the family. It really was nice.”
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
Letchworth Morris Men has been going since 1922, and was one of the original side members of the Morris Ring in 1934.
To find out more about them see letchworthmorris.org.uk.