A TRIO of fundraisers have made some big plans to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign, but they re asking for some extra help. Paul Doherty, Courtney Herdsman and Blu Thorne make up Good Vibes Productions and they are putting together a two-day cha
A TRIO of fundraisers have made some big plans to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign, but they're asking for some extra help.
Paul Doherty, Courtney Herdsman and Blu Thorne make up Good Vibes Productions and they are putting together a two-day charity event at Walsworth Common, Hitchin, on August 26 and 27.
Having all been affected by breast cancer in some way, they wanted to organise a large-scale event that would bring in piles of cash for charity.
The emphasis is on team games - five-a-side football, basketball, volleyball and even scavenger hunts.
Each team will be asked to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign as their entrance fee to the league.
They will then battle it out on the pitch.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Council to look into longer outdoor swimming season for Hitchin and Letchworth
A concert and prize-giving ceremony is planned for the evening, to be held at the Anchor pub in Hitchin.
Organisation of the event is still in its early stages and Good Vibes Productions are asking for help from the community.
Blu said: "We need people to hold stalls, volunteer to be referees and we would really appreciate some donations, such as bouncy castles.
"Or it would be great to hear from anyone that would like to give their time to this cause."
Interested parties can contact Blu on 01462 456390 or GVProductions@aol.com