A TRIO of fundraisers have made some big plans to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign, but they re asking for some extra help. Paul Doherty, Courtney Herdsman and Blu Thorne make up Good Vibes Productions and they are putting together a two-day cha
A TRIO of fundraisers have made some big plans to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign, but they're asking for some extra help.
Paul Doherty, Courtney Herdsman and Blu Thorne make up Good Vibes Productions and they are putting together a two-day charity event at Walsworth Common, Hitchin, on August 26 and 27.
Having all been affected by breast cancer in some way, they wanted to organise a large-scale event that would bring in piles of cash for charity.
The emphasis is on team games - five-a-side football, basketball, volleyball and even scavenger hunts.
You may also want to watch:
Each team will be asked to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign as their entrance fee to the league.
They will then battle it out on the pitch.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
A concert and prize-giving ceremony is planned for the evening, to be held at the Anchor pub in Hitchin.
Organisation of the event is still in its early stages and Good Vibes Productions are asking for help from the community.
Blu said: "We need people to hold stalls, volunteer to be referees and we would really appreciate some donations, such as bouncy castles.
"Or it would be great to hear from anyone that would like to give their time to this cause."
Interested parties can contact Blu on 01462 456390 or GVProductions@aol.com