‘Good’ grade puts us on the map says Stevenage’s Marriotts School head after Ofsted success
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for students and staff at Stevenage’s Marriotts School after their recent Ofsted Inspection judged it to be a ‘Good’ school for the first time in its history.
The Brittain Way school has been on a significant journey over the last few years to move from a grade of ‘Requires Improvement’ in October 2014, to its current position.
Inspectors who visited the school in October graded the school ‘Good’ for overall effectiveness, quality of teaching and learning, outcomes for pupils and sixth form provision.
It was marked ‘Outstanding’ for effectiveness of leadership and management and personal development and welfare.
Headteacher Bethany Honnor, was highly praised in the Ofsted report for her outstanding leadership of the school.
You may also want to watch:
She said “I am incredibly proud of our staff, students and families at Marriotts. We have been on a journey to move our school from ‘Requires Improvement’ to ‘Good’ and then outstanding. We have all worked tirelessly together to ensure we achieve our wildly important goals.”
Among comments made by inspectors were: “The inspirational headteacher along with a highly effective leadership team has secured rapid improvements in pupils’ progress and attendance”, “governance of the school is outstanding and governors understand the school’s performance and skilfully support and challenge leaders to continuously improve.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Mrs Honnor added: “It’s a credit to all staff and students that our achievements have been recognised by Ofsted. I know that our success is down to the hard work of every single individual who is part of the Marriotts family: students, teachers, staff, governors, the Local Authority, academy partners and families.
“This result combined with our incredible Progress 8 results in the summer, which puts us 19th out of 148 schools in Hertfordshire, and our rocketing student numbers means that Marriotts is well and truly on the map.”
More about the school at www.marriotts.herts.sch.uk/