Gone to pot

PUBLISHED: 12:59 01 June 2006 | UPDATED: 10:14 06 May 2010

Firemen make safe the chimney stack

Firemen make safe the chimney stack

A chimney exploded when it was struck by lightning. Fire crews were called out to a semi-detached house in Christie Road, Stevenage, just after 1pm on Wednesday last week after the chimney was hit by lightning during a heavy thunderstorm. The top of the c

A chimney exploded when it was struck by lightning.

Fire crews were called out to a semi-detached house in Christie Road, Stevenage, just after 1pm on Wednesday last week after the chimney was hit by lightning during a heavy thunderstorm.

The top of the chimney shattered and bricks landed in the garden of the house.

Although the chimney was left in an unstable condition the strike did not start a fire. The fire crews used a hydraulic platform to make both the chimney and roof secure.

Nobody was injured although it was thought that there were workmen in the house at the time.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the The Comet

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists