Golfing family unites to raise funds for Knebworth practice course in memory of Jack Mudd
- Credit: Archant
A memorial golf tournament will be held in memory of Stevenage teenager Jack Mudd who tragically died in a car crash aged just 19.
Jack was a gifted golfer with a promising international career but sadly lost his life in October last year.
Jack’s family and Knebworth Golf Club have created a lasting memorial to Jack in the form of a short game practice academy facility for junior golfers which can be used free of charge.
Saturday’s tournament at Stevenage Golf Centre, which will involve more than 120 golfers, will help raise cash to run the facility.
There will be a raffle on the day with some top prizes, an auction, a disco and a band.
You may also want to watch:
This will follow a golf tournament, a fun golf challenge and a family event.
Jack’s dad, David Mudd, said: “It was Jack’s passion to play the game of golf.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
“He was going to go to Florida to take up a scholarship so it’s fitting that the local community has recognised he was a young man who had a promising career.
“For our family there is obviously a huge gap, but it is partially filled by the fact we can see young golfers helping to fulfill their ambitions by using the short game practice area in Jack’s name.”
Jack played in many Herts Golf Union junior and Faldo series competitions. He was a student at Denis Pugh and Paul Lyons Golf College near Haywards Heath in Sussex.
David’s friend, 62-year-old Trevor Clarke, completed The Great North Run earlier this month and raised £2,000 for the fund.
To find out more about the practice area you can visit www.knebworthgolfclub.com.