Golfers sought for charity competition
TEAMS are being sought to take part in a charity golf competition to raise money for the British Red Cross.
The Golf Challenge Championship 2012 - an 18-hole, four-ball golf competition - will take place at the Beadlow Manor Golf and Country Club near Shefford on Friday, May 25.
The entrance fee is �140 for a team of four, which includes tea, coffee and a breakfast roll on arrival, as well as a three-course meal with entertainment and prize-giving.
Play will commence in teams of four from two tees, and prizes will be awarded for the best team, the best individual, the longest drive and the tee shot nearest the pin.
Guests can join the golfers at dinner for a cost of �25 a head.
You may also want to watch:
Red Cross fundraiser Sandra Lucy said: “This is going to be a brilliant day out for golf enthusiasts.
“We’ll be introducing a few surprises on the day to make sure people really enjoy themselves, and of course they’ll be contributing to a great cause, helping people here in their community, as well as those dealing with crises overseas.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
The humanitarian charity provides a range of community services in Bedfordshire, including short-term care in the home for adults recovering from illness or a stay in hospital, first aid training courses and first aiders for public events, medical equipment loan, and emergency support for victims of crises such as house fires, floods or evacuations.
To register for the event or to find out more, call Sandra on 01438 722831 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org