Going on the Memory Walk
TWO friends from Stevenage are going for a walk next month.
It is expected to take them at least eight hours and by the end of it they hope to have raised more than �500 for a good cause.
Sharon Williams, of Vardon Road, and Nicky Clarke, of Fairview Road, have signed up for the first ever Memory Walk Marathon Challenge.
This is a 26-mile walk from Avebury to Stonehenge in Wiltshire. They aim to raise over �500 for the Alzheimer’s Society by completing their first ever marathon on September 12.
Sharon and Nicky, who are both 42, decided to do the Memory Walk because Sharon’s dad, Malcolm, has been suffering from Alzheimer’s for the last 15 years. They wanted to raise funds to help the society support people with dementia, their loved ones and families and to help fund future research.
You may also want to watch:
To support them, visit www.justgiving.com/nickysharon
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed